- Thank you to our Veterans and all who serve our country!
- Happy Thanksgiving! We know it looks very different for everyone this year, but the Chamber is grateful for each and everyone of our friends and customers.
Join Tekoa Small Business Saturday festivities on November 28. Shops will be open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Enjoy “To Go” food from C&D’s and “Grab & Go” coffee and treats from Eclairs. Also included in the day:
- View a wonderful window display of nativities!
- Local Crafters will offer homemade items and goodies.
- Join your family on a tractor pulled hayride down Crosby Street! (Seating area is sanitized between rides.)
- Look for Santa to do a drive by along Crosby Street at 11:00am . Remind kids to bring a letter to Santa and place it in the Santa Mailbox which will be attached to the sleigh in Memorial Park (between the Pharmacy and Homestead General Store).
- For information about Santa pictures this year, call or stop in at Eclairs prior to Nov. 28 for information.
- Help fill the sleigh at Memorial Park with canned goods and non-perishable to benefit our local food bank.
- At 5:00 pm join a Christmas Cruise down Crosby starting at the Grade School, moving along Crosby street to Park St, then to Broadway and around again. Roll out your cars, trucks, and tractors in festive style, giving a special start to the season.
Special Note (Important):
Businesses are following CDC guidelines to keep us safe. Please wear a mask and respect six foot physical distancing. To avoid crowds, please listen to directions from the shop owners as needed. Finally: Due to the latest restrictions in our state, we are sorry to cancel the free holiday movie in the Empire Theatre this year. We’re wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday season. Thank you for supporting your local businesses!
Remember how special it was when our town rallied together and put bears in our windows at the start of the lock downs? Now we’d like to brighten the season and our town again by adding snowmen to our holiday decorations. We’re encouraging your imagination to build snowmen of the the non-melting variety that can be on display in your window, yard, front porch, etc… all season long. Your snowman can be something you have purchased or you can create one on your own (refer to event photo for an idea).
How fun for kids, families, and individuals to see how many they can find while on walks and drives around town. As you find them, we invite you to take photos and message them to the Chamber FB page or email them to us and we’ll upload them. email@example.com.
Oh! And it’s okay if you start before Dec. 1st. We can use all the cheer we can get this year!!
- Timberwolf Basketball and Wrestling
- MLK Day
- Happy Valentines Day – Feb. 14
- Presidents’ Day
- March Shenanigans
- National Small Business Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Mother’s Day
- National Nurses Week
- National EMS Week
- Professional Administrators Day
- Tekoa HS Graduation
- Summer Reading at the Tekoa Library
- Slippery Gulch
- Father’s Day
- Happy Independence Day – July 4
- Tekoa Yard Sales (1st Saturday each August)
- National Night Out
- Back to School
- C&Ds Annual Harvest Party
- Trunk or Treat on Crosby Street. Friday, Oct. 30 at 1:30 PM. Hosted by Tekoa HS Students and various Tekoa businesses.
On-Going In Tekoa
- Chamber of Commerce Meeting – 1st Friday of every month; 7:30 AM Email firstname.lastname@example.org for location.
- City Council Meeting – 1st & 3rd Monday of the month; 7:00 PM; City Hall (Meets once a month during summer.)
- Healthy Tekoa Coalition Meeting – 2nd Tuesday of the month; 9:00 AM; home of Kathy Kramer (Does not meet during summer months.)
- Parks & Recreation Board – 3rd Tuesday of the month; 7:00 PM; City Hall